Eurostar post-Olympic ads focus on cultural exchange
Eurostar has launched a post-Olympic ad campaign calling on consumers to "Bring something interesting back" from a trip abroad with the rail company.
The ads (see below) focus on aspects of British cultural life that originated in Eurostar’s destination countries France and Belgium.
One execution dwells on the origins of cricket, with the poster ad stating, "Crekketes, first recorded in Belgium, 1533. Cricket, established in London, 1744".
Another humorous ad shows a classic 20s Parisian scene alongside a shot of British women on a night out, stating, "Parisian chic: little black dress, 1926. Essex cheek: LBD, 2012".
The print, digital and outdoor campaign, the first since Eurostar appointed ad agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, will run for two weeks.
Media planning and buying was handled by Arena Media.
The latest ad push promotes the brand’s lowest price rail deal of £59 for a return journey between London and Paris or Brussels.
Lionel Benbassat, director of marketing and brand at Eurostar, told Marketing: "This pushes an attractive price but at the same time gives an insight into our travel philosophy, and helps to build the brand."
Click to expand pictures
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £300 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Copywriter Dubai MCG Associates Salary tax free plus relocation costs plus private healthcare, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)