Eurostar post-Olympic ads focus on cultural exchange
Eurostar has launched a post-Olympic ad campaign calling on consumers to "Bring something interesting back" from a trip abroad with the rail company.
The ads (see below) focus on aspects of British cultural life that originated in Eurostar’s destination countries France and Belgium.
One execution dwells on the origins of cricket, with the poster ad stating, "Crekketes, first recorded in Belgium, 1533. Cricket, established in London, 1744".
Another humorous ad shows a classic 20s Parisian scene alongside a shot of British women on a night out, stating, "Parisian chic: little black dress, 1926. Essex cheek: LBD, 2012".
The print, digital and outdoor campaign, the first since Eurostar appointed ad agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, will run for two weeks.
Media planning and buying was handled by Arena Media.
The latest ad push promotes the brand’s lowest price rail deal of £59 for a return journey between London and Paris or Brussels.
Lionel Benbassat, director of marketing and brand at Eurostar, told Marketing: "This pushes an attractive price but at the same time gives an insight into our travel philosophy, and helps to build the brand."
Click to expand pictures
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media