Dairy Crest appoints Stella Artois marketer Watson
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 September 2012 08:30AM
James Watson, Stella Artois marketing director for Western Europe, is leaving the brewer to oversee the marketing for Dairy Crest's food brands.
Watson, who will depart Stella Artois parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev in November, joins Dairy Crest as marketing director for foods. The role was vacant for a year after the previous incumbent, Paul Fraser, became managing director of MH Foods, the Dairy Crest-owned business behind FryLight.
Watson’s remit at Dairy Crest will include the Cathedral City and Utterly Butterly ranges and children’s cheese brand Chedds.
Watson joined InBev in 2005, as marketing manager for speciality beers, rising to his current role two years ago.
During his time at the company he oversaw a variety of marketing innovations, including the launch of Stella Artois Cidre in the UK. Watson’s other roles have included stints at Diageo GB, Heinz and Sara Lee.
AB InBev has yet to announce a replacement.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location