Dairy Crest appoints Stella Artois marketer Watson
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 September 2012 08:30AM
James Watson, Stella Artois marketing director for Western Europe, is leaving the brewer to oversee the marketing for Dairy Crest's food brands.
Watson, who will depart Stella Artois parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev in November, joins Dairy Crest as marketing director for foods. The role was vacant for a year after the previous incumbent, Paul Fraser, became managing director of MH Foods, the Dairy Crest-owned business behind FryLight.
Watson’s remit at Dairy Crest will include the Cathedral City and Utterly Butterly ranges and children’s cheese brand Chedds.
Watson joined InBev in 2005, as marketing manager for speciality beers, rising to his current role two years ago.
During his time at the company he oversaw a variety of marketing innovations, including the launch of Stella Artois Cidre in the UK. Watson’s other roles have included stints at Diageo GB, Heinz and Sara Lee.
AB InBev has yet to announce a replacement.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director Aspire £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- CREATIVE STRATEGIST - COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End