Sony Mobile to push 'one-touch sharing' concept
Sony Mobile is to shift from its 'Made of imagination' positioning as it aims to push the near-field communication (NFC) credentials of its smartphones.
It will launch a worldwide TV campaign this Friday (7 September) that demonstrates how its devices can be used to share music and images and introduces the tagline ‘One-touch sharing’.
Sony unveiled NFC-enabled headphones and speakers last week at the IFA technology convention in Germany.
Sony Mobile UK, Ireland and Netherlands marketing director, Catherine Cherry, said the campaign will use the ‘One-touch sharing’ line to avoid confusing consumers by focusing too much on the technology behind the phones.
Cherry added the 'made of imagination' concept will remain, but the tagline itself will have far less prominence in advertising.
Another TV ad showcasing image-sharing will launch next month, and coincide with activity promoting the appearance of its upcoming Xperia T smartphone in Skyfall, the next James Bond movie.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire