Sony Mobile to push 'one-touch sharing' concept
Sony Mobile is to shift from its 'Made of imagination' positioning as it aims to push the near-field communication (NFC) credentials of its smartphones.
It will launch a worldwide TV campaign this Friday (7 September) that demonstrates how its devices can be used to share music and images and introduces the tagline ‘One-touch sharing’.
Sony unveiled NFC-enabled headphones and speakers last week at the IFA technology convention in Germany.
Sony Mobile UK, Ireland and Netherlands marketing director, Catherine Cherry, said the campaign will use the ‘One-touch sharing’ line to avoid confusing consumers by focusing too much on the technology behind the phones.
Cherry added the 'made of imagination' concept will remain, but the tagline itself will have far less prominence in advertising.
Another TV ad showcasing image-sharing will launch next month, and coincide with activity promoting the appearance of its upcoming Xperia T smartphone in Skyfall, the next James Bond movie.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Fashion Community Manager - Leading Comms Agency Digital Gurus £25000 - £35000 Per Annum Up to £35K + BENS, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £50000 - £55000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager - 6 Month Contract Aspire £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Social Account Manager - Leading Social Media Agency Digital Gurus £28000 - £41000 Per Annum Up to £40K + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday