Nike poaches Burberry social-media chief Musa Tariq
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 September 2012 08:30AM
Burberry's social-media marketing guru, Musa Tariq, is set to leave the brand to take up a similar role at Nike.
Tariq joined the British luxury fashion brand as global head of digital marketing in 2009, before being promoted to global director of social-media marketing last year. He had previously worked at ad agencies JWT and Saatchi& Saatchi.
While at Burberry, Tariq has been responsible for a range of acclaimed social-media campaigns, including a ‘Tweetwalk’ last September, which allowed the brand to reveal every new-season look on Twitter moments before the models hit the runway.
It is not known when Tariq will take up his position with Nike, or what his exact job title will be.
Separately, a restructure across the brand’s Western Europe division has led to the departure of Adam Collins, its UK brand communications director.
Collins, a former global advertising director at Nike, joined the sporting-goods manufacturer in 2005 from ad agency Leagas Delaney.
He will not be replaced at the company; it is not known whether he has another job to go to.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Dot-Gap £30k, London Central
- Affiliate Account Director Dot-Gap £45k , London Central
- Display Account Director Dot-Gap £45k , London Central
- Creative Digital / Print Artworker AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Nottinghamshire