Science Museum calls in Forster Communications for climate change focus
By John Owens, prweek.com, Tuesday, 04 September 2012 08:07AM
The Science Museum has brought in Forster Communications to help it with work around climate change.
The agency was appointed to handle comms around this month’s ‘Lates’ evening at the London museum, which will focus on the topic of global warming.
‘Lates’ is part of Climate Changing, a three-year series of events, exhibitions and installations showcasing The Science Museum’s perspective, ideas and news on climate change.
Forster’s role will involve PR development and media outreach to engage Londoners and the wider public in the science around the issue. It was appointed after previous work with The Science Museum in March this year, following a competitive pitch process.
Included in the work was raising awareness of Science Museum events during Climate Week 2012 and driving attention to The Science Museum’s teenage engagement outreach project.
Andrea Dearden, head of comms at The Science Museum, praised the agency’s previous work and said:
‘Forster secured significant media coverage for our Climate Changing stories, achieving strong cut-through at the same time as the high profile Turing and Google Exhibitions were launching. Their strategic planning and creative approach secured a wide range of national and regional coverage, keeping The Science Museum and its connection to climate change front of mind for audiences, a key objective of the work.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London