Anchor drafts in Grayling to campaign for older person's minister
By John Owens, prweek.com, Tuesday, 04 September 2012 08:33AM
A group campaigning for a minister for older people as part of efforts to raise awareness around social care has appointed Grayling.
Anchor, a major provider of social housing, brought in the agency following a pitch process and having previously had a retained brief with Citizen Brando.
Simon Peyton, external comms manager at the organisation, explained that the repitch came as part of a review that the organisation was legally obliged to undertake.
Referring to its Grey Pride campaign, in which a petition with 137,000 signatures was handed into Parliament for the creation of a specific ministerial role, he said:
‘We want them to carry on this work as part of raising older people’s issues way up the priority list for MPs and society as a whole until people start to see how the old benefit society.’
Grey Pride has so far led to Liz Kendall being appointed by Labour into the newly created role of shadow minister for care and older people. A ministerial shake up is expected today.
However, Peyton added that the work went way beyond this area of focus.
‘We need brand awareness to increase so that Anchor is seen as the key player within the care and housing sector, and that’s with both the wider public, the media and closer stakeholders.’
Zoe Dubber, associate director at Grayling, will lead the work and report to Peyton.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency