Resident Evil 6 readies 'disturbing' campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 September 2012 11:33AM
Brothers and Sisters is claiming it has produced the "most disturbing and frightening ad campaign ever" for the global launch of the Resident Evil 6 video game later this week.
The campaign launches this Friday (7 September) during ITV1's England World Cup qualifier at 9pm, supported by print, augmented reality outdoor ads and digital platforms in the UK and Western Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia.
The campaign, which has been teasing consumers since January with the anonymous site, nohopeleft.com, includes two TV ads. They feature people in the last moments of their lives, before they are killed by zombies and end with the line, "no hope left".
The ads do not contain any branding from the game and leave consumers to discover the source of the activity for themselves.
The No Hope Left site features videos uploaded by users saying goodbye to the world in the wake of a zombie apocalypse, or the outbreak of a "C-virus", which is the premise for the new Resident Evil game.
The game, created by Japanese developer and publisher Capcom, has been five years in the making and is scheduled to be released on 2 October on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Horror film director Pat Holden has directed the ads, with production, creative and digital directors from Brothers and Sisters.
Offline editor Jinx Godfrey from Marshall Street Editors worked on the campaign, with post production handled by Big Buoy and the digital and social media campaign activity attributed to Jeremy Hughes at Crush.
Andy Fowler, founder of Brothers and Sisters, said: "In advertising it’s very rare to find a client like Capcom that is prepared to make work this brave.
"Both in terms of the bleak subject matter and in going to air with a film that has no branding on it, and leaves the audience to discover what it’s for.
"This project has taken us to the darkest places in our imaginations and we are phenomenally excited to see how the world reacts."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Manager Source £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits package, London