Behind the scenes: National Accident Helpline TV spot featuring 'underdog' character
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 September 2012 12:36PM
Campaign takes a behind-the-scenes look at the recent National Accident Helpline TV ad, which features its popular claymation 'underdog' character.
CST The Gate worked closely with Aardman studios in the filming of the ad, which features the track 'Tubthumping' by Chumbawumba.
The ad, which launched in August, features the underdog character at home with his leg in plaster and shows his struggles against his injuries as he tries to seek help.
Social media and search advertising is also central to the campaign.
During the production of the TV ad, National Accident Helpline's Facebook fans were invited to name one of the characters in the ad and the winning name features in the final ad.
Explaining some of the decisions behind the production, Gordon Smith, executive creative director of CST The Gate, said: "We chose the song tub-thumping because the lyrics fit perfectly with what we want to say. When you’ve had an accident, you want to get back on your feet, and get someone to sort out the compensation you deserve."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Web Specialist Brand Recruitment £22000 - £30000 per annum, Letchworth Garden City
- Marketing Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment excellent benefits, Cambridge
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Basildon
- Project Director Purple Consultancy £60000 - £70000 per annum, London