Behind the scenes: National Accident Helpline TV spot featuring 'underdog' character
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 September 2012 12:36PM
Campaign takes a behind-the-scenes look at the recent National Accident Helpline TV ad, which features its popular claymation 'underdog' character.
CST The Gate worked closely with Aardman studios in the filming of the ad, which features the track 'Tubthumping' by Chumbawumba.
The ad, which launched in August, features the underdog character at home with his leg in plaster and shows his struggles against his injuries as he tries to seek help.
Social media and search advertising is also central to the campaign.
During the production of the TV ad, National Accident Helpline's Facebook fans were invited to name one of the characters in the ad and the winning name features in the final ad.
Explaining some of the decisions behind the production, Gordon Smith, executive creative director of CST The Gate, said: "We chose the song tub-thumping because the lyrics fit perfectly with what we want to say. When you’ve had an accident, you want to get back on your feet, and get someone to sort out the compensation you deserve."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- New Product Development Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £competitive salary and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000-£60,000 + Benefits , Southampton, Hampshire
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough