Behind the scenes: National Accident Helpline TV spot featuring 'underdog' character
Campaign takes a behind-the-scenes look at the recent National Accident Helpline TV ad, which features its popular claymation 'underdog' character.
CST The Gate worked closely with Aardman studios in the filming of the ad, which features the track 'Tubthumping' by Chumbawumba.
The ad, which launched in August, features the underdog character at home with his leg in plaster and shows his struggles against his injuries as he tries to seek help.
Social media and search advertising is also central to the campaign.
During the production of the TV ad, National Accident Helpline's Facebook fans were invited to name one of the characters in the ad and the winning name features in the final ad.
Explaining some of the decisions behind the production, Gordon Smith, executive creative director of CST The Gate, said: "We chose the song tub-thumping because the lyrics fit perfectly with what we want to say. When you’ve had an accident, you want to get back on your feet, and get someone to sort out the compensation you deserve."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - London - £35K plus benefits Salt £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- SEO Consultant - London - £40K plus benefits Salt £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of SEO - Berlin - up to 120K Euros Salt €90000 - €120000 per annum + benefits, Berlin
- Head of SEO - London - up to £90K Salt £80000 - £90000 per annum + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity