Behind the scenes: National Accident Helpline TV spot featuring 'underdog' character
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 September 2012 12:36PM
Campaign takes a behind-the-scenes look at the recent National Accident Helpline TV ad, which features its popular claymation 'underdog' character.
CST The Gate worked closely with Aardman studios in the filming of the ad, which features the track 'Tubthumping' by Chumbawumba.
The ad, which launched in August, features the underdog character at home with his leg in plaster and shows his struggles against his injuries as he tries to seek help.
Social media and search advertising is also central to the campaign.
During the production of the TV ad, National Accident Helpline's Facebook fans were invited to name one of the characters in the ad and the winning name features in the final ad.
Explaining some of the decisions behind the production, Gordon Smith, executive creative director of CST The Gate, said: "We chose the song tub-thumping because the lyrics fit perfectly with what we want to say. When you’ve had an accident, you want to get back on your feet, and get someone to sort out the compensation you deserve."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014