Pernod Ricard extends limited editions strategy
Pernod Ricard is to increase its focus on limited edition marketing initiatives, as part of the group's continued "premiumisation" drive.
The brand will be launching limited edition Chivas and Malibu products and is also adopting the strategy for its Perrier-Jouët champagne brand.
Thierry Billot, managing director of brands at Pernod Ricard, said that competition is very intense in the key Christmas period and limited editions are a key strategy.
However, the drinks giant will not be following its rivals with a focus on volume sales via heavy price discounting.
Billot said: "We have very strict guidelines about where we want our brands to be in stores and we aren't going to form promotions to damage this."
He added that consumers faced with heavy discounting were becoming "confused" about brands due to the level of discounting.
In line with this, the company is sticking to its premiumisation strategy, where value is placed before volume even in categories such as Australian wine, where heavy discounting is the norm.
Billot said: "With Jacob's Creek, we have lost [sales of] cases by putting value before volume, but the price positioning of Jacob's Creek is 20% above the average and the key is that we continue to make it aspirational and affordable."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham