Pernod Ricard extends limited editions strategy
Pernod Ricard is to increase its focus on limited edition marketing initiatives, as part of the group's continued "premiumisation" drive.
The brand will be launching limited edition Chivas and Malibu products and is also adopting the strategy for its Perrier-Jouët champagne brand.
Thierry Billot, managing director of brands at Pernod Ricard, said that competition is very intense in the key Christmas period and limited editions are a key strategy.
However, the drinks giant will not be following its rivals with a focus on volume sales via heavy price discounting.
Billot said: "We have very strict guidelines about where we want our brands to be in stores and we aren't going to form promotions to damage this."
He added that consumers faced with heavy discounting were becoming "confused" about brands due to the level of discounting.
In line with this, the company is sticking to its premiumisation strategy, where value is placed before volume even in categories such as Australian wine, where heavy discounting is the norm.
Billot said: "With Jacob's Creek, we have lost [sales of] cases by putting value before volume, but the price positioning of Jacob's Creek is 20% above the average and the key is that we continue to make it aspirational and affordable."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show