Malibu gets tequila 'fusion' variant Malibu Red
Pernod Ricard UK is introducing Malibu Red, a "fusion" of Caribbean Malibu rum and Mexican Olmeca Tequila, to the UK market ahead of the run-up to the festive season.
Pernod said the drink has been developed by sensory experts and bartenders to "balance the characteristically light, refreshing and smooth coconut taste of Malibu with the rich characteristics of premium tequila and its signature fiery finish".
The launch of the innovation is being spearheaded by R&B singer-songwriter and newly appointed Malibu Red creative director, Ne-Yo. The artist has produced an exclusive track, ‘Burning Up’ and will also appear on the brand’s UK advertising.
Fans can download the track by visiting the Malibu UK Facebook page and the brand is set to unveil details of guest appearances from Ne-Yo and exclusive content in the near future.
An ad campaign will run across consumer lifestyle publications and retailer websites using the strapline "Taste the smooth feel the fire".
On-trade support includes point-of-sale kits while for the off-trade, the launch will be supported with in-store activity such as recipe neck collars.
Patrick Venning, marketing director at Pernod Ricard UK, said: "Malibu Red brings something totally new and unique to the mixable spirits category.
"The association with Ne-Yo is sure to bring this exciting innovation alive for our consumers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood