Barclays overhauls global digital roster
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 08:00AM
Barclays, the under-fire bank, is reviewing its global digital creative business.
An RFI has been issued to roster and non-roster digital agencies directly from the bank’s procurement team. The brief covers digital advertising across Barclays’ entire business, which includes retail, wealth, investment, corporate and Barclaycard.
Barclays uses dozens of digital agencies in various markets, including Dare, which handles its UK retail bank and Barclaycard digital activity. LBi, Ogilvy & Mather, Profero and SapientNitro also work for the bank.
A Barclays spokesman said: "We are currently conducting a review of our global creative services for digital and no final decisions have been made. At present, we are simply gathering information about all of the digital agencies that we work with."
The company, which was fined £290 million for trying to fix the inter-bank lending rate Libor and subsequently parted with its chief executive, Bob Diamond, uses Bartle Bogle Hegarty as its above-the-line agency and Maxus for media.
In July, Barclays axed its ads for personal finance products in the wake of the Libor crisis. A week later, the company returned to advertising with a press ad apologising for the scandal. Its retail banking chief, Antony Jenkins, has since been appointed the group chief executive.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Direct Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £35-45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £72,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England