Film giants kick off £5m UltraViolet agency pitch
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 08:00AM
UltraViolet, a new digital film service backed by the film companies Sony Pictures, Universal Pictures and Warner Bros, is looking for an ad shop and a media agency to handle its £5 million account.
The review will be handled by the British Video Association alongside the three film companies, which are its main stakeholders, ahead of a consumer launch later this year.
The appointed agencies will be responsible for strategic planning and brand positioning, advertising, digital, shopper marketing and retailer engagement. The BVA, which will consider appointing either a full-service agency to handle both creative and media or specialists for each account, also wants to hire a PR agency.
UltraViolet aims to cut piracy by offering consumers a cloud-based collection of films and TV shows that they can watch on any device.
Recent UltraViolet releases in the US, its launch market, include The Woman In Black and Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance.
UltraViolet is expected to launch in the UK in the coming months, when consumers will be able to buy standalone UltraViolet-enabled digital content. UK retailers are expected to launch the service in-store by 1 March 2013.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account