Paul Vaughan hands Rugby World Cup reins to Locog star
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 09:11AM
Paul Vaughan has stepped down from his role of chief executive of England Rugby 2015 by "mutual consent" and is being replaced by Debbie Jevans, Olympic director of sport.
Jevans, director of sport for Locog London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games) will start her role next month.
Vaughan has been overseeing the England's Rugby World Cup plans. His surprise exit comes three years before the event in 2015.
Vaughan is a former marketer. He worked at Whitbread beer company between 1980 and 1996.
Jevans has proved one of the stars of the London Olympics organising committee.
Momentum behind the Rugby World Cup is likely to be significantly ramped up from next year.
The tournament will comprise 48 games played at a number of grounds, including Twickenham, Wembley and football stadiums such as Old Trafford and Anfield.
A key focus for Jevans will be to target other sports fans, outside of rugby, to watch the World Cup.
England Rugby 2015 is the wholly owned subsidiary of the RFU.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood