Adam & Eve/DDB nets VW Commercial brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 11:15AM
Adam & Eve/DDB has won the £5 million advertising and digital account for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.
The account moves from Iris, which had handled the business for the past four years, after a pitch managed by Hamilton Associates. VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay were also involved in the pitch process, which started in July.
The move reunites VW Commercial Vehicles with DDB, which handles advertising for the VW marque, after a 20-year hiatus. Iris will continue to work on retail marketing and web development.
Iris was responsible for creating a 2011 campaign that marked the brand's first TV advertising in five years. Timed to coincide with the climax of the football season, the spot focused on the brand's heritage rather than promoting any specific model.
VW Commercial Vehicles also works with The Red Brick Road for social media. The media planning and buying account, handled by MediaCom, is not affected.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Gemini Search Ã‚£26000 - Ã‚£32000 per annum, East London
- Sales and Marketing Manager England Hockey £34k - £40k, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Sales Manager - Cutting Edge Tech Solution Ultimate Asset Ã‚£48000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, City of London
- Content Sales Account Manager - Native Advertising Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£42000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake