Adam & Eve/DDB nets VW Commercial brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 11:15AM
Adam & Eve/DDB has won the £5 million advertising and digital account for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.
The account moves from Iris, which had handled the business for the past four years, after a pitch managed by Hamilton Associates. VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay were also involved in the pitch process, which started in July.
The move reunites VW Commercial Vehicles with DDB, which handles advertising for the VW marque, after a 20-year hiatus. Iris will continue to work on retail marketing and web development.
Iris was responsible for creating a 2011 campaign that marked the brand's first TV advertising in five years. Timed to coincide with the climax of the football season, the spot focused on the brand's heritage rather than promoting any specific model.
VW Commercial Vehicles also works with The Red Brick Road for social media. The media planning and buying account, handled by MediaCom, is not affected.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Artworker (Corporate Communications, Annual Reports) Creative Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Pricing Analyst Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Senior customer & Market Intelligence Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show