Momondo kicks off hunt for ad agency
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 11:25AM
The travel search website Momondo is seeking an ad agency as its ramps up its marketing spend.
Momondo, which has approached agencies directly, is thought to be planning to invest in TV advertising for the first time.
The Copenhagen-based search engine has not previously engaged in mainstream advertising.
The service allows users to compare the cost of flights, hotels and car rental across more than 700 travel sites, with direct links to suppliers.
Momondo claims that it is the first "metasearch" engine to assess flights by both price and convenience, following a recent redesign of its main website and mobile portal.
The service was launched in September 2006 as a flight search engine. In September 2009, it was relaunched to also offer city guides and travel content.
In April 2011, Momondo was sold to the travel search engine Cheapflights.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Planner / Buyer - DRTV & Brand Response TV ADLIB £24k - £28k + Bonus, North Somerset
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure