RKCR/Y&R scoops London & Partners brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 10:45AM
London & Partners, the promotional organisation for London, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle a campaign to encourage visitors to come to the capital after the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The agency, which has worked with London & Partners and its predecessor, Visit London, since 2005, won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in June.
RKCR/Y&R will now develop a campaign to encourage tourists to visit London in the months immediately after the Olympics period.
The work will focus on securing bookings from the US, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Australia, as well as from domestic audiences, to continue the flow of tourists.
It will look to capitalise on the media coverage and interest London received globally during the Olympics to entice the event's UK and international TV audiences to visit the capital. The online and PR campaign will launch in October and run until March next year.
London & Partners was created last year from a merger of Visit London with other promotional bodies.
Martine Ainsworth-Wells, the director of marketing and communications at London & Partners, said: "We are now turning our attention to converting the billions of people who watched and experienced London in Games time into future visitors."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood