RKCR/Y&R scoops London & Partners brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 10:45AM
London & Partners, the promotional organisation for London, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle a campaign to encourage visitors to come to the capital after the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The agency, which has worked with London & Partners and its predecessor, Visit London, since 2005, won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in June.
RKCR/Y&R will now develop a campaign to encourage tourists to visit London in the months immediately after the Olympics period.
The work will focus on securing bookings from the US, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Australia, as well as from domestic audiences, to continue the flow of tourists.
It will look to capitalise on the media coverage and interest London received globally during the Olympics to entice the event's UK and international TV audiences to visit the capital. The online and PR campaign will launch in October and run until March next year.
London & Partners was created last year from a merger of Visit London with other promotional bodies.
Martine Ainsworth-Wells, the director of marketing and communications at London & Partners, said: "We are now turning our attention to converting the billions of people who watched and experienced London in Games time into future visitors."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Specialist Marketing Recruitment Spotlight Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum + 28-35k basic + OTE £50k - £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Performance Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + excellent package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Programmatic Account Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + commission and benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film