RKCR/Y&R scoops London & Partners brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 10:45AM
London & Partners, the promotional organisation for London, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle a campaign to encourage visitors to come to the capital after the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The agency, which has worked with London & Partners and its predecessor, Visit London, since 2005, won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in June.
RKCR/Y&R will now develop a campaign to encourage tourists to visit London in the months immediately after the Olympics period.
The work will focus on securing bookings from the US, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Australia, as well as from domestic audiences, to continue the flow of tourists.
It will look to capitalise on the media coverage and interest London received globally during the Olympics to entice the event's UK and international TV audiences to visit the capital. The online and PR campaign will launch in October and run until March next year.
London & Partners was created last year from a merger of Visit London with other promotional bodies.
Martine Ainsworth-Wells, the director of marketing and communications at London & Partners, said: "We are now turning our attention to converting the billions of people who watched and experienced London in Games time into future visitors."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'