AMV hires W&K creatives Toby Allen and Jim Hilson
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 11:30AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is continuing to boost its creative department with the appointment of Toby Allen and Jim Hilson from Wieden & Kennedy.
Allen and Hilson, creative directors at W&K, were the team behind the Honda "spark" spot and most recently were the creative lead on the Three account. The pair also created Nike's tactical work for the Olympics and were involved in new-business pitches for the agency.
Before working at W&K, they were at Bartle Bogle Hegarty, where they created integrated work for Levi's, Audi and Barnardo's, as well as campaigns for Lynx, British Airways, Barclays and Persil.
The appointment of Allen and Hilson follows a series of hirings by AMV last year as it began to strengthen its creative offering.
Paul Brazier, the agency's executive creative director, said: "I'm delighted Toby and Jim are joining us. They have impressed me over the last few years with the quality and versatility of their work."
Last year's hirings included Andy Amadeo and BBH's Andy Clough and Richard McGrann as creative directors, while Fallon's Hugh Tarpey joined the agency as the head of design.
Other new joiners were Ogilvy & Mather New York's John LaMacchia and Simon Foster as senior creatives, and Glue Isobar's Adrian Rossi and Alex Grieve as creative partners.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Studio / Traffic Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £32000 per annum, Macclesfield
- Senior Data Planner DBG One Limited £Competitive + Benefits, Blackfriars, The City of London
- Marketing Executive Transaction Network Services (UK) Ltd Up to £30,000,
- Group Marketing Manager - Travel/Media - London - £45k Profiles Creative £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show