AMV hires W&K creatives Toby Allen and Jim Hilson
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 11:30AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is continuing to boost its creative department with the appointment of Toby Allen and Jim Hilson from Wieden & Kennedy.
Allen and Hilson, creative directors at W&K, were the team behind the Honda "spark" spot and most recently were the creative lead on the Three account. The pair also created Nike's tactical work for the Olympics and were involved in new-business pitches for the agency.
Before working at W&K, they were at Bartle Bogle Hegarty, where they created integrated work for Levi's, Audi and Barnardo's, as well as campaigns for Lynx, British Airways, Barclays and Persil.
The appointment of Allen and Hilson follows a series of hirings by AMV last year as it began to strengthen its creative offering.
Paul Brazier, the agency's executive creative director, said: "I'm delighted Toby and Jim are joining us. They have impressed me over the last few years with the quality and versatility of their work."
Last year's hirings included Andy Amadeo and BBH's Andy Clough and Richard McGrann as creative directors, while Fallon's Hugh Tarpey joined the agency as the head of design.
Other new joiners were Ogilvy & Mather New York's John LaMacchia and Simon Foster as senior creatives, and Glue Isobar's Adrian Rossi and Alex Grieve as creative partners.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films