Public Enemy adapts C4 ad for Paralympian tribute
Public Enemy, the hip hop group whose music Channel 4 used in its "meet the superhumans" Paralympic Games spot, has paid tribute to the Paralympians by recutting its own music video for the track with footage from the ad.
Since the campaign launched in mid-July, the track, 'Harder Than You Think', has hit number four in the UK singles chart, the highest ranking Public Enemy has achieved to date in the UK.
The track itself was released five years ago and was put out as the first single from the group's 20th anniversary album, 'How You Sell Soul to a Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul', which only reached the top 200 at the time.
Paying tribute to the London 2012 Paralympics and the song's selection for Channel 4's campaign, Public Enemy has adapted its original video for the song using footage from the broadcaster's ad cut into the creative.
Paralympians Claire Cashmore, Steve Brown, Jon-Allan Butterworth, Jonnie Peacock, Simon Munn, Dave Clarke, Hannah Cockroft, Jody Cundy and Ellie Simmonds are featured in the video, with the extra accolade of being name-checked within the creative, unlike in the original ad.
James Walker, head of marketing at Channel 4, said: "Public Enemy are one of the greatest hip hop acts of all time. It's a fantastic testament to the impact of the Paralympics that we have been able to introduce new fans to their music."
Public Enemy's Chuck D said: "These athletes are about self-empowerment and determination. Doing what they do is harder than ya think."
The recut video was produced by Gary G-Wiz and edited by David D Snyder, using Channel 4's ad footage directed by Tom Tagholm.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- account manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Media Manager - Client side PFJ £45000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance, London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers