Cadbury launches two Dairy Milk bars via social media
Kraft has used social media to launch two Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, Toffee Popcorn and Golden Biscuit Crunch.
It is also running a campaign from Dairy Milk's Twitter account. It has bought a Promoted Trend "#newcadburydairymilk" to advertise the bars and has run a series of tweets, including an image of the new bars.
Earlier today, Cadbury was tweeting for followers to return to its page at 11am to find out how to receive a free Golden Biscuit Dairy Milk sample.
It has now created a tweet asking followers to tell it what the scrambled words ‘YOCAHOSCTATELT’, are, to win a sample.
The Golden Biscuit Crunch bar is being positioned as something to dunk into tea, while the Toffee Popcorn is being touted as the accompaniment for a night in with a movie.
Cadbury recently revealed that since the start of the year, its social media activity around the Olympics has added 2.5 million fans and followers to its UK social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and Google+, which are dedicated to the Games content.
Jerry Daykin, social media and community manager at Cadbury London 2012 and Kraft Foods Europe, told Marketing that paid-for promotions on Twitter have been effective for the brand for reaching a mass audience.
Daykin said: "Growth in social has been organic, but as an FMCG brand, we are all about scale, reaching millions of people and that is hard to do without having some level of Twitter media."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Suffolk
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager!! New Business Development Role!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Search Account Executive Ultimate Asset £20000 - £25000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film