Campaign Viral Chart: Lager and Angry Birds make the top three
This week's chart brings several new entries from brands including Samsung, Volkswagen and Angry Birds, and is topped by an Australian beer ad that imagines how bank robbers might go on the run without spilling their pints.
Shared 43,000 times this week, the ad for Carlton Draught was created by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne.
Samsung gets two ads in, taking second with a long "hands-on demo" video for its Galaxy Note II tablet /mobile hybrid created by Cheil, and seventh with an ad promoting the sharing of moments from the Olympic Games via its Galaxy S3 phone, also by Cheil.
Angry Birds equals Samsung's feat with one video supporting the Aids initiative Freddie For A Day and one promoting Bad Piggies, a spin-off of its first, record-breaking franchise.
Elsewhere in the chart, a US ad for Volkswagen's Jetta by Deutsch LA riffs on the recurring dog theme with an unfortunate bulldog.
Creature of London gives UK agencies representation in this week's cosmpolitan top ten with an Adidas/Foot Locker spot featuring Snoop Lion (née Dogg).
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Carlton Draught 'beer chase' by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
42,900 shares this week
All time: 55,822 shares
2. Galaxy 'Note II' by Cheil
24,136 shares this week
All time: 30,487 shares
3. Rovio 'Angry Birds join Freddie for a day' created in-house
16,041 shares this week
All time: 26,691 shares
4. Fifa 'join the club' by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam
10,288 shares this week
All time: 24,420 shares
5. Volvo 'ballerina stunt' by Forsman and Bodenfors
4,307 shares this week
All time: 45,109 shares
6. Lego 'the Lego story' by Lani Pixels
3,562 shares this week
All time: 149,207 shares
7. Samsung 'golden moment' by Cheil
2,932 shares this week
All time: 6,282 shares
8. Volkswagen 'bad dog, good Volkswagen' by Deutsch LA
2,856 shares this week
All time: 4,820 shares
9. Rovio 'something pig is coming' created in-house
2,596 shares this week
All time: 4,493 shares
10. Foot Locker 'let's roll' by Creature of London
4,468 shares this week
All time: 5,189 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push