MAA launches Future Leaders mentor scheme
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2012 12:15PM
The Marketing Agencies Association (MAA) is launching The Future Leaders Academy, a mentoring programme that aims to groom director-level adland hopefuls into the agency leaders of tomorrow.
Agencies can nominate their potential future leaders, who can be working within any department but have to be at director level with a minimum of six years’ experience.
Following a round of interviews, up to 20 successful applicants will be selected to undertake the six-month programme, which includes coaching at a senior level with an executive coach and mentoring sessions with leading industry figures.
The £2,000 course will cover how to run a business, from the skills needed for growing revenue and profit to the skills of being a good leader.
More than 10 agency leaders have signed up as mentors including: Ian Millner, chairman of the MAA and chief executive of Iris; Mike Dodds, chief executive of Proximity and Hugh Robertson, chief executive of RPM.
The mentors will meet with their students three times across the six-month programme. They will be matched on experience, ambitions and personality.
Millner said: "Nurturing future leaders can be difficult because the qualities that are required to become the next managing director are in the most part acquired through experience and intuition.
"The Future Leaders Academy will help to fast track the industry stars of tomorrow through mentoring and close fellowship with existing agency leaders and a network of peers."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads