Rafa Nadal stars in PokerStars TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2012 12:13PM
PokerStars, the online poker site, is a TV ad, starring Rafa Nadal engrossed in a game of poker on his smartphone as he walks around Barcelona.
The TV ad breaks on 10 September on channels including ITV, C4, C5, and Sky Media. The campaign, whcih was created in-house, will also run across outdoor and online.
The campiagn aims to encourage fans of tennis and sports to donwload the PokerStars mobile app.
The TV ad was filmed earlier this year in Barcelona, which involved 80 crew members, 50 extras and a Nadal body-double.
Nadal follows in a distringuised line of sports satars to have worked with PokerStars, including Boris Becker, Sebastian Chabal, and Gianlugi Buffon.
The ad, behind-the-scenes footage, and photos of the campaign are availble at the brand’s website to concide with the launch.
Nadal, a multiple Grand Slam winning tennis player, said: "I’m still quite new to playing poker and am focused on becoming a better player, so I really didin't need to act very hard when shooting these scenes."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline