Rafa Nadal stars in PokerStars TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2012 12:13PM
PokerStars, the online poker site, is a TV ad, starring Rafa Nadal engrossed in a game of poker on his smartphone as he walks around Barcelona.
The TV ad breaks on 10 September on channels including ITV, C4, C5, and Sky Media. The campaign, whcih was created in-house, will also run across outdoor and online.
The campiagn aims to encourage fans of tennis and sports to donwload the PokerStars mobile app.
The TV ad was filmed earlier this year in Barcelona, which involved 80 crew members, 50 extras and a Nadal body-double.
Nadal follows in a distringuised line of sports satars to have worked with PokerStars, including Boris Becker, Sebastian Chabal, and Gianlugi Buffon.
The ad, behind-the-scenes footage, and photos of the campaign are availble at the brand’s website to concide with the launch.
Nadal, a multiple Grand Slam winning tennis player, said: "I’m still quite new to playing poker and am focused on becoming a better player, so I really didin't need to act very hard when shooting these scenes."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood