Rafa Nadal stars in PokerStars TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2012 12:13PM
PokerStars, the online poker site, is a TV ad, starring Rafa Nadal engrossed in a game of poker on his smartphone as he walks around Barcelona.
The TV ad breaks on 10 September on channels including ITV, C4, C5, and Sky Media. The campaign, whcih was created in-house, will also run across outdoor and online.
The campiagn aims to encourage fans of tennis and sports to donwload the PokerStars mobile app.
The TV ad was filmed earlier this year in Barcelona, which involved 80 crew members, 50 extras and a Nadal body-double.
Nadal follows in a distringuised line of sports satars to have worked with PokerStars, including Boris Becker, Sebastian Chabal, and Gianlugi Buffon.
The ad, behind-the-scenes footage, and photos of the campaign are availble at the brand’s website to concide with the launch.
Nadal, a multiple Grand Slam winning tennis player, said: "I’m still quite new to playing poker and am focused on becoming a better player, so I really didin't need to act very hard when shooting these scenes."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Classified Sales Executive - top household magazine! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £22000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy