Rafa Nadal stars in PokerStars TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2012 12:13PM
PokerStars, the online poker site, is a TV ad, starring Rafa Nadal engrossed in a game of poker on his smartphone as he walks around Barcelona.
The TV ad breaks on 10 September on channels including ITV, C4, C5, and Sky Media. The campaign, whcih was created in-house, will also run across outdoor and online.
The campiagn aims to encourage fans of tennis and sports to donwload the PokerStars mobile app.
The TV ad was filmed earlier this year in Barcelona, which involved 80 crew members, 50 extras and a Nadal body-double.
Nadal follows in a distringuised line of sports satars to have worked with PokerStars, including Boris Becker, Sebastian Chabal, and Gianlugi Buffon.
The ad, behind-the-scenes footage, and photos of the campaign are availble at the brand’s website to concide with the launch.
Nadal, a multiple Grand Slam winning tennis player, said: "I’m still quite new to playing poker and am focused on becoming a better player, so I really didin't need to act very hard when shooting these scenes."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers