Rafa Nadal stars in PokerStars TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2012 12:13PM
PokerStars, the online poker site, is a TV ad, starring Rafa Nadal engrossed in a game of poker on his smartphone as he walks around Barcelona.
The TV ad breaks on 10 September on channels including ITV, C4, C5, and Sky Media. The campaign, whcih was created in-house, will also run across outdoor and online.
The campiagn aims to encourage fans of tennis and sports to donwload the PokerStars mobile app.
The TV ad was filmed earlier this year in Barcelona, which involved 80 crew members, 50 extras and a Nadal body-double.
Nadal follows in a distringuised line of sports satars to have worked with PokerStars, including Boris Becker, Sebastian Chabal, and Gianlugi Buffon.
The ad, behind-the-scenes footage, and photos of the campaign are availble at the brand’s website to concide with the launch.
Nadal, a multiple Grand Slam winning tennis player, said: "I’m still quite new to playing poker and am focused on becoming a better player, so I really didin't need to act very hard when shooting these scenes."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Strategy Consultant Stopgap £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Interim EMEA Communications Manager Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Toffifee Toffifee Excellent salary + benefits, Hampshire
- Digital Designer - Publications Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers