BA to say 'thank you' in flypast over Olympics parade
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 10 September 2012 08:49AM
British Airways is to lead a fly-past with the Red Arrows over London today during the Olympics Greatest Team Parade to mark the end of the games.
The airline, which is the official airline partner of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games, has arranged for a flame-coloured A319 aircraft to be decorated with a "thank you" message spanning 13 metres on its underbelly.
During its 20-minute journey it will pass over the Olympic Park and reach The Mall one minute later at about 3.41pm.
It will be followed by a series of military planes and a Red Arrows formation.
On the ground during the parade, a team of British Airways ambassadors will be passing around message boards and pens for spectators to write their own messages for display during the parade.
The airline has taken out a front page ad in today's Metro to tell people 'Have a look up as our plane leads the fly-past at today's Greatest Team Parade', as well as a two-page advertorial in the paper.
Keith Williams, chief executive of British Airways, said: "Everyone involved has done an outstanding job to show this country at its absolute best. Our fly-past is a special tribute to all of them."
During the Olympics and Paralympic Games, British Airways hosted a BA Live stage in the Olympic Park, showing on LED screens and hosting several athletes including Sir Chris Hoy and Rebecca Adlington.
The airline also placed a giant image of gold-medallist Jessica Ennis on a flightpath near Heathrow.
Lord Seb Coe, chairman of Locog, said: "British Airways has played a huge part in the London 2012 Games.
"During the Games, Park Live has been such a great place for fans to get together and cheer on athletes and I'm delighted that British Airways are going to be supporting the athlete's parade."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood