Gyro London appoints Nick Jefferson as new MD
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 September 2012 10:07AM
Gyro London has appointed Nick Jefferson as its new managing director, following the departure of Claire Wright, who has left after less than a year in the role.
Jefferson replaces Wright who left the agency in June after only seven months at the helm. Wright moved to OgilvyOne to become managing partner last month.
Jefferson joins Gyro from branding agency Corporate Edge, where he was chief executive, working with clients such as EDF Energy and Shell.
At Gyro Jefferson will report to Gyro’s global chief executive and chief creative officer, Christoph Becker and will be responsible for growing the capturing new global business.
He will also be responsible for building on the agency's recent proposition of focussing on creative ideas and strategy.
Prior to Corporate Edge, Jefferson was the head of corporate communication agency, Likemind before it was merged with Corporate Edge by parent company, The Photon Group.
Becker said: "London is home to some of Gyro’s largest and most iconic global accounts. Nick’s energy, unique experience and understanding of our culture and how it’s propelled gyro forward over the past 12 months, makes him the perfect managing director of Gyro London".
Jefferson said: "In my experience gyro has the most focused vision, direction and culture of any agency I’ve encountered. It has a commitment to creating humanly relevant ideas and has hired some of the brightest minds in our industry. I can't wait to get cracking."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Research manager | Youth insight, sports clients Elizabeth Norman International £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Pitch Consultants £50000 - £70000 per annum, Birmingham
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant