Cats with thumbs brainwash milkmen in Cravendale spot
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 September 2012 11:49AM
Cravendale is pitting cats with thumbs against milkmen in its latest campaign by Wieden & Kennedy, running across TV and Facebook.
The Arla-owned milk brand has brought back the felines, first seen last February, in a 40-second TV ad called "catnapped", which again features the moggies attempting to get their paws on its product.
The cats' campaign of terror to kidnap and brainwash milkmen is led by Bertrum Thumbcat, who got his own Twitter account after last year's ad and has 10,427 followers.
The ad was trailed online last week and launched on television on Saturday (8 September), during 'The X Factor', which attracted an average audience of 8.2 million viewers, as part of a media plan by Carat.
It was directed by Traktor and produced by Partizan. The agency creative team was Hollie Walker and Freddie Powell, creative directors Sam Heath and Chris Groom, and executive creative directors Tony Davidson and Kim Papworth.
The campaign includes a Facebook app allowing people to sign their cats up to Bertrum's thumbcat army.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum,