Cancer Research UK updates brand to encourage unity and stamp out fear
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 September 2012 12:15PM
Cancer Research UK is today (10 September) launching a campaign to introduce its brand refresh to the public and take the "fear" out of cancer.
The campaign for Cancer Research UK, created in partnership with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Interbrand, features national print ads and outdoor ads supported by social media activity. Media planning and buying has been handled by MediaCom.
Two executions each use the "C" of the charity’s new logo, which is designed to symbolise smaller parts making up the bigger picture, all coming together to disintegrate cancer and deliver a world where cancer is no longer feared.
One execution depicts the "C" formed by people connected to Cancer Research in some way, including cancer survivors and patients, supporters, corporate partners, volunteers and staff.
The work uses the strapline, "United we're stronger than cancer".
Natasha Hill, director of brand and strategic marketing at Cancer Research UK, said: "Our new advertising campaign is the first time people will get to see our refreshed brand come to life.
"We were very keen for supporters to understand the meaning behind our refreshed brand, so we’re really pleased with the campaign, which demonstrates that we are a collective force, united against cancer."
The campaign will mark the first time consumers have seen the charity’s brand refresh, which has dropped the arrow from the brand’s logo for the first time in a decade.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Telford
- .Net Developer Dynamic New Alliances £45000 - £55000 per annum + bens, London
- Online Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000, Peterborough
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again