Cancer Research UK updates brand to encourage unity and stamp out fear
Cancer Research UK is today (10 September) launching a campaign to introduce its brand refresh to the public and take the "fear" out of cancer.
The campaign for Cancer Research UK, created in partnership with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Interbrand, features national print ads and outdoor ads supported by social media activity. Media planning and buying has been handled by MediaCom.
Two executions each use the "C" of the charity’s new logo, which is designed to symbolise smaller parts making up the bigger picture, all coming together to disintegrate cancer and deliver a world where cancer is no longer feared.
One execution depicts the "C" formed by people connected to Cancer Research in some way, including cancer survivors and patients, supporters, corporate partners, volunteers and staff.
The work uses the strapline, "United we're stronger than cancer".
Natasha Hill, director of brand and strategic marketing at Cancer Research UK, said: "Our new advertising campaign is the first time people will get to see our refreshed brand come to life.
"We were very keen for supporters to understand the meaning behind our refreshed brand, so we’re really pleased with the campaign, which demonstrates that we are a collective force, united against cancer."
The campaign will mark the first time consumers have seen the charity’s brand refresh, which has dropped the arrow from the brand’s logo for the first time in a decade.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, Windsor
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?