Cancer Research UK updates brand to encourage unity and stamp out fear
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 September 2012 12:15PM
Cancer Research UK is today (10 September) launching a campaign to introduce its brand refresh to the public and take the "fear" out of cancer.
The campaign for Cancer Research UK, created in partnership with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Interbrand, features national print ads and outdoor ads supported by social media activity. Media planning and buying has been handled by MediaCom.
Two executions each use the "C" of the charity’s new logo, which is designed to symbolise smaller parts making up the bigger picture, all coming together to disintegrate cancer and deliver a world where cancer is no longer feared.
One execution depicts the "C" formed by people connected to Cancer Research in some way, including cancer survivors and patients, supporters, corporate partners, volunteers and staff.
The work uses the strapline, "United we're stronger than cancer".
Natasha Hill, director of brand and strategic marketing at Cancer Research UK, said: "Our new advertising campaign is the first time people will get to see our refreshed brand come to life.
"We were very keen for supporters to understand the meaning behind our refreshed brand, so we’re really pleased with the campaign, which demonstrates that we are a collective force, united against cancer."
The campaign will mark the first time consumers have seen the charity’s brand refresh, which has dropped the arrow from the brand’s logo for the first time in a decade.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Events/PR/Marketing - Charity Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £200.00 - £201 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Luxury Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy £37000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, South East England
- Brand and Communications Insight Lead Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Contract Account Manager - Lovely Integrated/ Creative Agency ADLIB c. £150 per day, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol