Johnnie Walker illustrates flavours with global ad push
Johnnie Walker, the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky, is launching a global ad campaign focused on its 'rich and intense' flavours.
Entitled ‘Where Flavour Is King’, the campaign for the Diageo-owned brand aims to bring to life the craft of blending through the collection of campaign images, featuring giant fruit smashers, towers of spices, honey cauldrons and fire-breathers.
The production – led by award-winning set designer Robin Brown, Michelin star food stylist James Hayward and fashion director of GQ Style in the UK, Luke Day – required a drawing room to be built from scratch, featuring dramatic lighting, giant fruits and six feet tall bottles of Johnnie Walker.
Running on outdoor and radio, the campaign, created by ad agency Love, will also feature social media activation via a Facebook app, aimed at educating consumers on the ways to enjoy Johnnie Walker.
Gavin Pike, global brand director for Johnnie Walker, said the campaign would help drive consumer awareness of the range of tastes across the brand portfolio: "The new campaign, ‘Where Flavour Is King’, will open consumers’ eyes to the depth and variety of flavour that exists across the Johnnie Walker whisky taste spectrum. By creating a unique image for each variant of Johnnie Walker whisky, the consumer will be able to make an instant, tangible association with the power and depth of flavour of each blend.
"For example our Red Label shot centres around spices and fresh fruit, whereas the Black Label campaign highlights rich fruits and vanilla, with the distinctive Johnnie Walker smoky finish," he added.
The campaign rolls out this month in Africa, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Taiwan and Thailand and in European markets from July 2013. It does not replace ‘Keep Walking’, the brand’s global brand campaign which has run since 1999.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Pepsi Max pranks cinemagoers for Halloween