Twinings marketing chief departs
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 08:30AM
Tea brand Twinings is to part ways with its marketing director, Sean Summers, who is moving to Argentina to head ecommerce business MercadoLibre.
Summers joined Twinings as its UK marketing director two years ago, after spending more than a decade in a variety of roles at PepsiCo.
His most recent position had been that of UK marketing director for Quaker and Tropicana. During his time at Twinings he oversaw the launch of its animated ‘Gets you back to you’ campaign.
Summers, who is from Argentina, will take up the general management role of vice-president of Mercado-Libre’s marketplace business.
The brand is part-owned by eBay and works in a similar way to the ecommerce auction business. It is the number one ecommerce site in Latin America.
Summer leaves Twinings this week. The company is expected to announce a replacement this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media