Twinings marketing chief departs
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 08:30AM
Tea brand Twinings is to part ways with its marketing director, Sean Summers, who is moving to Argentina to head ecommerce business MercadoLibre.
Summers joined Twinings as its UK marketing director two years ago, after spending more than a decade in a variety of roles at PepsiCo.
His most recent position had been that of UK marketing director for Quaker and Tropicana. During his time at Twinings he oversaw the launch of its animated ‘Gets you back to you’ campaign.
Summers, who is from Argentina, will take up the general management role of vice-president of Mercado-Libre’s marketplace business.
The brand is part-owned by eBay and works in a similar way to the ecommerce auction business. It is the number one ecommerce site in Latin America.
Summer leaves Twinings this week. The company is expected to announce a replacement this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Classified Sales Executive - lifestyle magazine! Ultimate Asset £18000 per annum + bonus, Bristol
- Data Analyst - Media Agency Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £45000 per annum + Handsome benefits, London
- Junior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Online Trading Manager - Leading Retailer Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy