Twinings marketing chief departs
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 08:30AM
Tea brand Twinings is to part ways with its marketing director, Sean Summers, who is moving to Argentina to head ecommerce business MercadoLibre.
Summers joined Twinings as its UK marketing director two years ago, after spending more than a decade in a variety of roles at PepsiCo.
His most recent position had been that of UK marketing director for Quaker and Tropicana. During his time at Twinings he oversaw the launch of its animated ‘Gets you back to you’ campaign.
Summers, who is from Argentina, will take up the general management role of vice-president of Mercado-Libre’s marketplace business.
The brand is part-owned by eBay and works in a similar way to the ecommerce auction business. It is the number one ecommerce site in Latin America.
Summer leaves Twinings this week. The company is expected to announce a replacement this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Planner / Buyer - DRTV & Brand Response TV ADLIB £24k - £28k + Bonus, North Somerset
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure