Twinings marketing chief departs
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 08:30AM
Tea brand Twinings is to part ways with its marketing director, Sean Summers, who is moving to Argentina to head ecommerce business MercadoLibre.
Summers joined Twinings as its UK marketing director two years ago, after spending more than a decade in a variety of roles at PepsiCo.
His most recent position had been that of UK marketing director for Quaker and Tropicana. During his time at Twinings he oversaw the launch of its animated ‘Gets you back to you’ campaign.
Summers, who is from Argentina, will take up the general management role of vice-president of Mercado-Libre’s marketplace business.
The brand is part-owned by eBay and works in a similar way to the ecommerce auction business. It is the number one ecommerce site in Latin America.
Summer leaves Twinings this week. The company is expected to announce a replacement this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Shopper Strategist - 14-month Maternity Cover Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £42000 per annum, London
- New Business Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive looking for step up... print and eCRM - one of London's best agencies..!! Ramsden Road c.£28 - £28k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran