Banana Republic seals Virgin partnership
Gap-owned fashion retailer Banana Republic has partnered Virgin America to run its first pan-European promotional campaign.
The retailer is offering customers the chance to win a £10,000 VIP trip to New York as part of its ‘Upgrade your style’ autumn campaign.
Banana Republic senior brand manager Errin Mackness said its intention is to engage customers ‘in a discount-led marketplace’.
The campaign was created by agency B Street and is due to break today (12 September) to coincide with the launch of a dedicated microsite.
Any customer who spends £60 in-store will be given a boarding-pass-style ticket with a code to enter the competition via the site.
The promotion will be backed by social-media and radio activity. The grand prize includes two Upper Class flights with Virgin, spending money, shopping sprees, chauffeur service and hotel accommodation.
Separately, it was announced yesterday that Virgin Atlantic chief executive Steve Ridgway is to step down after 23 years with the UK airline.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot