Yahoo! signs up as sponsor of BrandMAX
By Staff, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 08:30AM
Yahoo! has become the headline sponsor of Brand Max, Marketing's annual conference about brand optimisation, which is being held in London on 4 October.
Senior marketers from Aviva, Barclaycard, Virgin Media, Diageo and Mars are speaking at the one-day event.
Topics covered will range from social media and data to the marketing director of the future.
The conference will be chaired by Piers North, Yahoo! UK's strategy director. North has been at Yahoo! for more than seven years; he previously worked at Rivals Digital Media and 365 Group in sports publishing.
In July Yahoo! hired Google senior executive Marissa Mayer as its president and chief executive.
Insiders say Mayer is focusing the company on its technology credentials, in particular on its advertising platforms and products such as Yahoo! Mail and Flickr.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Yahoo to sponsor Wireless Festival as part of new positioning
- Yahoo's Marissa Mayer says changing mobile is 'top priority'
- Michael Barrett tipped to leave Yahoo
- Marissa Mayer poaches top Google exec for Yahoo COO role
- Yahoo encourages OMG! faces in latest campaign
- BrandMAX 2012: Celebs in ads 'blessing and curse' says Virgin's Larcombe
- BrandMAX 2012: 'Social is not a marketing play' says Barclaycard's digital director
- BrandMAX digest: 'B' is for business as well as for brands
- BrandMAX: Brands should be careful to create 'interesting' content, says Gravity Road's Eaves
- BrandMAX: Gatorade champions 'power of the big idea'
- BrandMAX: Marketing communications should be 'bold, contagious and playful'
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
- SEO Manager Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP40000 per annum, Manchester
- SEO Manager Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP50000 per annum, Manchester
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora
Forget the digital cluster bomb – be more like Bob
It’s said that the average person is exposed to 30,000 marketing messages a day. To me that’s worrying news for us marketers – especially if it’s your job is to build marketing relationships with consumers.