Unilever puts women at the heart of its Flora pro.activ strategy
Unilever is putting women at the heart of its activity for Flora pro.activ and partnering with the British Heart Foundation in a new £3m campaign, as it seeks to raise awareness of heart disease.
The 'Love Your Heart' campaign launches later this month and runs until early December, encouraging women to talk to friends, relatives and colleagues about heart disease.
Flora pro.active is Unilever's cholesterol-lowering brand.
The campaign tells women to check their risk factors, including cholesterol, with a healthcare professional, and to make the "simple" diet and lifestyle changes that help to reduce their risk.
The campaign features TV, press, radio, PR, digital and social media activity, including on-pack and in-store promotions that offer free cholesterol tests.
Unilever is keen to debunk the myth that men are the main victims of heart disease. The activity will use the strapline, "Proudly partnering with the British Heart Foundation to raise awareness of heart disease amongst women".
The global FMCG giant is also donating £750,000 to the charity.
Sinead Stack, brand manager, Flora pro.activ, at Unilever UK, said: "Heart disease is the single biggest killer of women in the UK, killing three times more women than breast cancer each year.
"However, with simple diet and lifestyle changes, people can help reduce their risk – a key message throughout our 'Love Your Heart' communications. With the investment into our TV activity alone, we will reach more than 90% of` UK adults over 45 years old. It is a great opportunity for us to help make a difference."
Nick Radmore, head of marketing and brand at the British Heart Foundation, said: "Debunking the stereotype that heart disease is a man's disease is a continuing challenge for us, so this partnership is a great way to help us reach more women through different channels and environments."
Further activity includes a competition on promotional packs offering consumers to win a heart health prize – a pedometer or one of 20 weekend holidays – by entering a unique code into www.flora.com/competition.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior PPC Executive - Big Brands! GoodEgg Digital £Neg + great benefits,
- McDonald's 10 best UK ads
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- Campaign Viral Chart: Busta Rhymes features in Toyota rap ad
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders