Fast Track to axe 10% of staff
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 09:00AM
Chime Communications-owned sponsorship agency Fast Track, is axing around 10% of its 150 staff, following the end of the Olympics and Paralympics.
Fast Track one of the leading sports marketing agencies in the country and boasts clients such as L'Oreal, HSBC and Carlsberg.
This year it has worked with Olympic and Paralympics sponsors BT and G4S, among others.
The agency was voted Marketing magazine's Sponsorship Agency of the Year in 2011.
Last year, Fast Track lost one of its flagship clients, UK Athletics, which ended its 14-year association with the agency.
Fast Track had previously organised UK Athletics' flagship televised events, including the Diamond League meeting at Crystal Palace.
Fast Track was behind the £50m, six-year deal that UK Athletics signed with Aviva back in 2006.
It is understood the staff exiting the sponsorship agency were primarily involved in Olympic-related work, who had previously worked on the UK Athletics account. Fast Track has around 150 staff, mostly based in the UK.
One rival agency said the agency was axing 30% of its staff, but this was refuted by Fast Track.
Andy Westlake, chief executive of Fast Track, said: "Like many businesses in our sector, we have been looking very closely at the shape and structure of the business after the Olympics and Paralympics Games for some time, to ensure we continue to deliver the award-winning service we have achieved with our many clients and to build our reputation as the Sponsorship Agency of the Year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK