Ex-DraftFCB creative director Maxwell resurfaces at Sponge
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 11:42AM
Sponge, the mobile marketing agency, has hired former DraftFCB creative director Matthew Maxwell in the same role.
Maxwell, who left DraftFCB in June, replaces Chris Constantine, who has joined JWT to run its mobile division.
He will be responsible for the creative direction of the agency's work in building websites, apps and mobile marketing campaigns, and reports to chief executive Dan Parker.
Sponge's clients include Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Adidas, Barclays and AutoTrader.
Maxwell was creative director at DraftFCB for just over a year, during which he worked on various campaigns, including eBay's 'Trust', the UK Film Council's findanyfilm.com, and a viral he co-wrote for Philips amBX that was awarded at Cannes. DraftFCB hired Steven Bennet-Day from Skive in Maxwell's place.
Prior to this, Maxwell worked in the same position at digital agency Blue Barracuda for four years before it was acquired by DraftFCB. He joined Blue Barracuda from digital marketing agency twentysix.
Dan Parker, chief executive of Sponge, said: "Matthew is the first big-hitting creative director to move from digital to mobile. He will offer our clients new ways of doing things to engage users and drive business results.
"He brings many years of digital creative experience and we hope he will lead the industry debate in terms of mobile and the opportunities it presents."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff