Ex-DraftFCB creative director Maxwell resurfaces at Sponge
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 11:42AM
Sponge, the mobile marketing agency, has hired former DraftFCB creative director Matthew Maxwell in the same role.
Maxwell, who left DraftFCB in June, replaces Chris Constantine, who has joined JWT to run its mobile division.
He will be responsible for the creative direction of the agency's work in building websites, apps and mobile marketing campaigns, and reports to chief executive Dan Parker.
Sponge's clients include Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Adidas, Barclays and AutoTrader.
Maxwell was creative director at DraftFCB for just over a year, during which he worked on various campaigns, including eBay's 'Trust', the UK Film Council's findanyfilm.com, and a viral he co-wrote for Philips amBX that was awarded at Cannes. DraftFCB hired Steven Bennet-Day from Skive in Maxwell's place.
Prior to this, Maxwell worked in the same position at digital agency Blue Barracuda for four years before it was acquired by DraftFCB. He joined Blue Barracuda from digital marketing agency twentysix.
Dan Parker, chief executive of Sponge, said: "Matthew is the first big-hitting creative director to move from digital to mobile. He will offer our clients new ways of doing things to engage users and drive business results.
"He brings many years of digital creative experience and we hope he will lead the industry debate in terms of mobile and the opportunities it presents."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- PR Account Director AF Selection £32,000 - £40,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show