Ex-DraftFCB creative director Maxwell resurfaces at Sponge
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 11:42AM
Sponge, the mobile marketing agency, has hired former DraftFCB creative director Matthew Maxwell in the same role.
Maxwell, who left DraftFCB in June, replaces Chris Constantine, who has joined JWT to run its mobile division.
He will be responsible for the creative direction of the agency's work in building websites, apps and mobile marketing campaigns, and reports to chief executive Dan Parker.
Sponge's clients include Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Adidas, Barclays and AutoTrader.
Maxwell was creative director at DraftFCB for just over a year, during which he worked on various campaigns, including eBay's 'Trust', the UK Film Council's findanyfilm.com, and a viral he co-wrote for Philips amBX that was awarded at Cannes. DraftFCB hired Steven Bennet-Day from Skive in Maxwell's place.
Prior to this, Maxwell worked in the same position at digital agency Blue Barracuda for four years before it was acquired by DraftFCB. He joined Blue Barracuda from digital marketing agency twentysix.
Dan Parker, chief executive of Sponge, said: "Matthew is the first big-hitting creative director to move from digital to mobile. He will offer our clients new ways of doing things to engage users and drive business results.
"He brings many years of digital creative experience and we hope he will lead the industry debate in terms of mobile and the opportunities it presents."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Media Insight Executive - Client Side Elizabeth Norman International £24000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief