Ex-DraftFCB creative director Maxwell resurfaces at Sponge
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 11:42AM
Sponge, the mobile marketing agency, has hired former DraftFCB creative director Matthew Maxwell in the same role.
Maxwell, who left DraftFCB in June, replaces Chris Constantine, who has joined JWT to run its mobile division.
He will be responsible for the creative direction of the agency's work in building websites, apps and mobile marketing campaigns, and reports to chief executive Dan Parker.
Sponge's clients include Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Adidas, Barclays and AutoTrader.
Maxwell was creative director at DraftFCB for just over a year, during which he worked on various campaigns, including eBay's 'Trust', the UK Film Council's findanyfilm.com, and a viral he co-wrote for Philips amBX that was awarded at Cannes. DraftFCB hired Steven Bennet-Day from Skive in Maxwell's place.
Prior to this, Maxwell worked in the same position at digital agency Blue Barracuda for four years before it was acquired by DraftFCB. He joined Blue Barracuda from digital marketing agency twentysix.
Dan Parker, chief executive of Sponge, said: "Matthew is the first big-hitting creative director to move from digital to mobile. He will offer our clients new ways of doing things to engage users and drive business results.
"He brings many years of digital creative experience and we hope he will lead the industry debate in terms of mobile and the opportunities it presents."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith