PepsiCo's first president to leave after six months in the role
PepsiCo's first president and global marketer, John Compton, is leaving the company after 30 years with the soft drinks giant and just six months in the global role.
Compton, who leaves to become the chief executive of Pilot Flying J Oil Corporation, was appointed to the newly-created position of PepsiCo's first president in March, charged with the responsibility for global marketing and driving "breakthrough innovation" throughout its operations.
He is replaced by Zein Abdalla, currently the chief executive of PepsiCo Europe. Abdalla will in turn be replaced by PepsiCo's global nutrition group president Enderson Guimaraes, whose replacement has not yet been announced. All the changes are effective immediately.
Abdalla will now oversee PepsiCo's global category groups, consisting of global beverages, global snacks and global nutrition, its global operations, and its global marketing services and corporate strategy.
Abdalla's team will be charged with driving innovation and brand-building, while "significantly" reducing the overall cost structure of the company.
Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo chairman and chief executive, said: "We are sad to see John leave PepsiCo. John joined PepsiCo as a 21-year-old at the Pulaski, Tennessee Frito-Lay facility, and since that day has made countless positive contributions to this company.
"He is a humble and collaborative leader who cares deeply about both the business and developing talent. John is also passionate about his family, and what is particularly impressive about his decision is that he is choosing what is right for him and his family.
"I have enjoyed a long friendship with John and will miss him. I'm confident John will enjoy great future success and we wish him all the best as he takes this unique opportunity to return to his native Tennessee."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer - Web Design, Campaigns, Great Benefits ADLIB Upto £26k, Gloucestershire
- Media Sales Surrey and Berkshire Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'