Gucci to sponsor David Bowie exhibition at V&A
Fashion brand Gucci and audio brand Sennheiser have signed up to sponsor an exhibition on the career of David Bowie at the Victoria & Albert Museum next year.
The exhibition, which will run for five months from March and will include more than 60 stage costumes as well as handwritten lyrics, photography, film, music videos, set designs, instruments and album artwork.
A Gucci spokesman said the brand believed it was positive to be associated with the exhibition as it would "celebrate many of those aspects of creativity that have been and continue to be fundamental to Gucci’s own history".
The luxury brand’s creative director Frida Giannini said: "David Bowie is one of my greatest inspirations. His individuality, originality and authenticity have been defining."
Sennheiser has contributed to the sound experience in the exhibition.
Gucci supports the arts in other ways including its relationship with Martin Scorsese’s non-profit organisation, The Film Foundation, which has resulted in the restoration of nine landmark films to date.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show