Omega Pharma readies £3m diet aid marketing push
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 September 2012 02:59PM
Omega Pharma UK, the global over-the-counter healthcare company, is expanding its range with the launch of a diet pill backed by a £3m marketing campaign.
XLS-Medical is a naturally derived tablet that its makers claim helps people lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone.
According to Omega Pharma, the product works by binding undigested fat, helping dieters to lose three pounds for every one pound they lose on their own.
The company has briefed Total Media to handle the campaign, which will include a fully integrated media promotion comprising TV, digital display advertising, outdoor, PPC and SEO, as well as social media.
A TV ad campaign by creative agency VCCP Health kicks off across the UK on 16 September, during the new third series of ITV's 'Downton Abbey'.
This will be supported by a digital display campaign, as part of which Total Media has negotiated a lunchtime takeover deal with Mail Online's TV and showbiz web pages.
Social media channels, including Twitter and YouTube, will be used to further engage customers and provide customer support. The national media campaign will run until November.
Nicole Ehlen, XLS-Medical marketing manager at Omega Pharma, said: "We're proud of our clinically proven weight-loss aid and in taking it to market."
Other brands owned by Omega Pharma UK include Jungle Formula, TCP, Buttercup and Prevalin.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham