Omega Pharma readies £3m diet aid marketing push
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 September 2012 02:59PM
Omega Pharma UK, the global over-the-counter healthcare company, is expanding its range with the launch of a diet pill backed by a £3m marketing campaign.
XLS-Medical is a naturally derived tablet that its makers claim helps people lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone.
According to Omega Pharma, the product works by binding undigested fat, helping dieters to lose three pounds for every one pound they lose on their own.
The company has briefed Total Media to handle the campaign, which will include a fully integrated media promotion comprising TV, digital display advertising, outdoor, PPC and SEO, as well as social media.
A TV ad campaign by creative agency VCCP Health kicks off across the UK on 16 September, during the new third series of ITV's 'Downton Abbey'.
This will be supported by a digital display campaign, as part of which Total Media has negotiated a lunchtime takeover deal with Mail Online's TV and showbiz web pages.
Social media channels, including Twitter and YouTube, will be used to further engage customers and provide customer support. The national media campaign will run until November.
Nicole Ehlen, XLS-Medical marketing manager at Omega Pharma, said: "We're proud of our clinically proven weight-loss aid and in taking it to market."
Other brands owned by Omega Pharma UK include Jungle Formula, TCP, Buttercup and Prevalin.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Global Media Manager - Cross Media Dot-Gap £47k , Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile