Omega Pharma readies £3m diet aid marketing push
By Nick Batten, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 September 2012 02:59PM
Omega Pharma UK, the global over-the-counter healthcare company, is expanding its range with the launch of a diet pill backed by a £3m marketing campaign.
XLS-Medical is a naturally derived tablet that its makers claim helps people lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone.
According to Omega Pharma, the product works by binding undigested fat, helping dieters to lose three pounds for every one pound they lose on their own.
The company has briefed Total Media to handle the campaign, which will include a fully integrated media promotion comprising TV, digital display advertising, outdoor, PPC and SEO, as well as social media.
A TV ad campaign by creative agency VCCP Health kicks off across the UK on 16 September, during the new third series of ITV's 'Downton Abbey'.
This will be supported by a digital display campaign, as part of which Total Media has negotiated a lunchtime takeover deal with Mail Online's TV and showbiz web pages.
Social media channels, including Twitter and YouTube, will be used to further engage customers and provide customer support. The national media campaign will run until November.
Nicole Ehlen, XLS-Medical marketing manager at Omega Pharma, said: "We're proud of our clinically proven weight-loss aid and in taking it to market."
Other brands owned by Omega Pharma UK include Jungle Formula, TCP, Buttercup and Prevalin.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + bonus and benefits scheme, Norfolk
- #Digital #Designer Required | Permanent | West London | Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant