Microsoft focuses on Kinect tech as Apple launches iPhone 5
By Sarah Rowland, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 13 September 2012 09:04AM
Steve Edwards, group head of sales at Microsoft, is focusing on its open Kinect technology to tap into audiences and calls Apple's iPhone 5 launch "and important part of our growth".
Speaking at an IAB event exploring online video and changing technology, Edwards highlighted how its gaming platform aimed to tap into changes in users' habits.
In an interview with Media Week, Edwards used Microsoft SmartGlass app as an example of a launch that benefits from Apple's iOS platform as well as Windows 8. It enables users view and control content across different devices such as PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
He said: "It's going to be part of our open attitude to how content, and how Xbox, cross different devices".
The computer giant is focused on expanding its Xbox platform and working with brand partners to enhance the services it offers.
Video produced by Sarah Johnson, Ben Hall and Georgina Brazier.Follow @BRproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Loyalty Managers Direct Recruitment €70,000, Germany (DE)
- Creative Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £27,000, Reigate, Surrey
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)