Engine's Fuel names Ping as chief to build data offering
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 September 2012 10:45AM
Fuel, the Engine-owned data strategy agency, has appointed Charles Ping, the former head of CRM at Guardian News & Media, as its chief executive.
Ping joins Engine from the marketing services provider Communisis, where he was an account director and then the strategy director, data intelligence. Before that, he worked at Ai Data Intelligence. He replaces Simon Wall, who leaves the agency to pursue other interests.
In his position as the chief executive, Ping will be responsible for building on recent new-business wins, including The Glenlivet, T-Mobile and Wickes. He will work closely with the Fuel managing director, Edmund Smiley-Jones.
Ping began his career at the Financial Times before moving to Guardian News & Media, where he spent 14 years as the publishing group's head of CRM, developing customer marketing strategies and managing all direct and data-driven marketing activity.
He has also held a number of other high-level roles, including chairman of the Direct Marketing Association and director for the Advertising Standards Board of Finance.
Debbie Klein, the chief executive at Engine UK, said: "Charles has great knowledge of the new strategic approach to making big data bitesized, and then releasing its commercial benefit. He will be a great asset to the team."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-35K plus bonus, dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Executive Creative Director MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)