News Corp appoints Andrew Knight as chairman of Times Newspapers
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 13 September 2012 12:19PM
News Corporation has named long-standing executive Andrew Knight as the new chairman of Times Newspapers, replacing Rupert Murdoch who stood down from the role in July.
Knight has served as director of News Corporation, the parent company of The Times, since 1991, including roles as chairman of the compensation committee and as a member of the audit committee of the board.
He will resign his position as director of News Corporation at the next annual general meeting on 16 October.
Knight also served as chief executive and editor-in-chief of The Daily Telegraph from 1986 to 1989.
Rupert Murdoch, commenting on the appointment, said: "His experience and insight as a journalist and as an executive will be a huge asset to The Times and The Sunday Times as they face the challenges and seize the opportunities of the future."
In July, Murdoch stepped down from a string of roles connected to his newspaper empire. He stood down from News International Group Limited, News Corp Investments and Times Newspaper Holdings.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Producer - Top Social Media agency The Industry Club London Ltd 50K plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager -Summer freelance Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - freelance Stopgap £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - AdServer / DSP Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Services Account Manager - Digtial Media Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- 6 ads that made... Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles