Thomas Cook confirms Hoban as new marketing director
Thomas Cook has confirmed the appointment of ex-Confused.com top marketer Mike Hoban as its new director of marketing, brand and customer insight.
Marketing revealed last month that Hoban was leaving his role as chief marketing officer of Confused.com
He will join Thomas Cook on 1 October and will be responsible for the marketing functions across all the company's brands, with the additional function of taking responsibility for the group's customer insight and research.
Hoban replaces Michael Johnson, who has been heading up Thomas Cook's marketing since last year. Johnson joined the tour operator in 2009 as the new group brand director, but took the marketing reins fully, after the departure of former chief executive Manny Fontenla-Novoa in August last year.
Johnson has been the driving force behind Thomas Cook's consumer communications, steadying the brand after a series of financial problems. In March, he launched the tour operator's biggest brand campaign to date, under the strapline, "It is a wonderful world. Explore it with us."
Hoban has previously held senior roles at Scottish Widows, Barclaycard, British Airways and WH Smith.
Ian Ailles, Thomas Cook UK chief executive for the mainstream sector, said: "Mike has a strong reputation in his field, having a proven track record of helping companies build and revitalise strong brands, and of delivering commercial growth through best-practice marketing.
"He is very enthusiastic about taking on this new role and having the opportunity to work with such a strong portfolio of brands, and I very much look forward to welcoming him to the team."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy