Thomas Cook confirms Hoban as new marketing director
Thomas Cook has confirmed the appointment of ex-Confused.com top marketer Mike Hoban as its new director of marketing, brand and customer insight.
Marketing revealed last month that Hoban was leaving his role as chief marketing officer of Confused.com
He will join Thomas Cook on 1 October and will be responsible for the marketing functions across all the company's brands, with the additional function of taking responsibility for the group's customer insight and research.
Hoban replaces Michael Johnson, who has been heading up Thomas Cook's marketing since last year. Johnson joined the tour operator in 2009 as the new group brand director, but took the marketing reins fully, after the departure of former chief executive Manny Fontenla-Novoa in August last year.
Johnson has been the driving force behind Thomas Cook's consumer communications, steadying the brand after a series of financial problems. In March, he launched the tour operator's biggest brand campaign to date, under the strapline, "It is a wonderful world. Explore it with us."
Hoban has previously held senior roles at Scottish Widows, Barclaycard, British Airways and WH Smith.
Ian Ailles, Thomas Cook UK chief executive for the mainstream sector, said: "Mike has a strong reputation in his field, having a proven track record of helping companies build and revitalise strong brands, and of delivering commercial growth through best-practice marketing.
"He is very enthusiastic about taking on this new role and having the opportunity to work with such a strong portfolio of brands, and I very much look forward to welcoming him to the team."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne