National Trust launches 'period drama' direct campaign
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 September 2012 11:00AM
The National Trust is sending out what appears to be a DVD of a period drama in the first direct mail campaign by Lida since winning the account in June.
The mail pack includes a DVD, which when played displays the opening credits of a period drama called ‘The Red Wing of Croome Court’.
The credits show the landscape around the Georgian mansion house but when the camera reaches the Red Wing, it becomes evident it is in a state of ruin and the title sequence grinds to a halt.
Words appear reading: ‘Sadly without your support we can’t continue the story’, then the property manager of Croome, Michael Smith, introduces an appeal to save the wing from collapse.
The pack, which includes an A4 letter, a leaflet and a donation form, is being sent to existing and lapsed donors and current members this week.
It was created by copywriter Andy O’Carroll and art director Spencer White and the DVD was produced by Media Junction with direction by Archie Brooksbank.
Nicky Bullard, creative director at Lida, said: "Thanks to the popularity of period drama such as Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs we focused on captivating members with the potentially fascinating stories of life in the Red Wing, through its own period drama. It expresses the message that without donations, these stories will be lost forever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Digital Designer (Sports) Propel £22000 - £28000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West London
- Direct Marketing Executive Direct Recruitment £25k-£28k, London (Greater)
- Senior Channels Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £60k+bonus, bens, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager The Fix Creative Up to £45K, Surrey
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign