EBay unveils 'cleaner, more contemporary and consistent' logo
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 14 September 2012 09:54AM
EBay has changed its logo for the first time in its 17-year history as it seeks to move away from being perceived as just an auction site.
The ecommerce giant has retained some features for the revamped logo, such as the multi-coloured letters. The letters are no longer different sizes and at different heights, which eBay claims makes it "cleaner, more contemporary and consistent."
The logo was designed by an in-house team together with design agency Lippincott, and will be rolled out across eBay sites and marketing channels this autumn.
Devin Wenig, president of eBay, said the new logo was "rooted in our proud history and reflects a dynamic future".
He said: "It’s eBay today – a global online marketplace that offers a cleaner, more contemporary and consistent experience, with innovation that makes buying and selling easier and more enjoyable."
The update forms part of the company’s strategy to move away from being perceived as just an auction site.
Mobile is also a key part of the company's strategy and it expects eBay and PayPal mobile transactions to total $10bn (£6.2bn) in volume this year, which is double last year's figure.
As part of its push to be considered as a fashion retailer, eBay UK this week launched a House of Holland digital pop-up store, as part of London Fashion Week.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad