'Rooftop rebels star in Pro Evolution Soccer ads
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 September 2012 04:20PM
The Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 game is to be promoted by games publisher Konami with a global campaign including footballer Cristiano Ronaldo.
The campaign, launching on Monday (17 September), promotes the new Konami created game, called PES 2013, through an urban roof top party populated by a group of "Rooftop Rebels", who make their way across a city to collect ingredients for the "ultimate" gaming experience, from a generator to a projector and a sofa.
The campaign is split into two parts, with a second film acting as a big-reveal that shows Ronaldo is the brains behind the co-ordination of the rooftop party. The second half of the campaign willl launch on 20 September.
It was created by Frontroom, an agency specialising in entertainment and youth marketing, and will be supported by digital, print, outdoor and point of sale activity.
The campaign aims to pit the PES 2013 game against EA’s FIFA series, its direct football gaming rival with a high adspend.
Jon Murphy, marketing director at Konami, said: "Viva Pro Evo encapsulates the essence of rebellious individuality that marks out Pro Evolution Soccer and its army of loyal fans.
"The innovative new features in PES 2013 combine to deliver an experience that’s unrivalled in the market. Real football fans demand a pure football game and in support of our product innovations, we look forward to Frontroom’s campaign delivering a marked increase in market share."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Digital Designer - Mobile & Apps Aspire £200 - £280 per day, City of London
- ARTWORKERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, England
- ART DIRECTORS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, England
- Senior Digital Project Manager Digital Gurus £45000 - £52000 Per Annum benefits, London
- Events Producer - London based brand engagement agency - 3 month contract Bamboo Crowd £35000-£40000, London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media