Gamestation brand absorbed into Game high street presence
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 14 September 2012 04:34PM
Game Retail is to merge its Game and Gamestation stores under the Game brand.
There are currently 122 Gamestation stores and 219 Game stores in the UK. Gamestation targets hard-core gamers, while Game is positioned for more mainstream gaming. The Gamestation stores will be updated to carry the Game branding over this month and the next.
Game Retail has faced tough competition with the rise of internet retailers in recent years, as well as from the UK's major supermarkets. Game Retail was recently saved by private investment company OpCapita, in a move which ensured the two brands would remain on the high street.
The Game and Gamestation loyalty card schemes have also been merged, and there are plans to start offering VIP experiences, promotions and community access.
The group plans to introduce Wi-Fi in stores, which it claims will help it develop more of a multi-platform shopping experience. It also says the new stores will be updated with in-store consoles and tablets to create a more interactive shopping experience for shoppers.
Martyn Gibbs, chief executive of Game Retail, said: "Our aim is to hold the UK's biggest range of games, gaming gear and exclusive content, while also ensuring that we are constantly evolving, listening to our customers and adapting our approach to really deliver for them."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Data Analyst - Media Agency Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £45000 per annum + Handsome benefits, London
- Junior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Online Trading Manager - Leading Retailer Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham
- Online Trading Manager - Leading Retailer Salt £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + benefits + tax free, Dubai
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy