Nestlé runs GPS-fitted chocolate bars competition
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 September 2012 12:00PM
Nestlé is running a two-week outdoor campaign to support its latest competition, which has fitted chocolate bars with GPS devices that, when activated, will help its team to deliver a £10,000 cheque to a lucky winner.
The campaign involves Nestle chocolate bars KitKat 4 Finger, KitKat Chunky, Aero Peppermint and Yorkie Milk.
Three thousand six-sheet posters have been fitted with NFC and QR touchpoints that will direct smartphones to a mobile landing page.
The landing page offers the chance to enter a secondary competition with an on-pack code via Facebook, and informs people how many of the original six GPS-fitted bars are left. There are six prizes to be won.
Outdoor specialist Posterscope has placed ads created by JWT on posters owned by Clear Channel, Primesight and JCDecaux, on behalf of media agency Mindshare.
Posterscope claims that out-of-home is fast becoming a "recognised physical portal" through which consumers can connect instantly with the online content of their favourite brands.
In July, Nestlé appointed JWT London to handle its UK digital marketing account for the Kit Kat brand.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham