MTV to launch fashion-focused online spin-off
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 September 2012 09:03AM
MTV is in the final stages of signing a commercial partner for the launch of a fashion-focused digital property called District MTV, which will go live online in October and on mobile later in the year.
District MTV is aimed at fashion savvy 18- to 34-year-olds in the UK, Italy, France, Germany and Spain. It will make use of MTV's existing connections to pop culture, music and fashion.
A spokeswoman for MTV parent Viacom International Media Networks said it was "in the final stages of signing a launch partner" for District MTV.
Editorial content will focus on celebrity style, with tips on how to recreate looks, videos from MTV network, and interviews with the celebrities and stylists themselves.
It will also showcase emerging designers and street style trends. Regular features on the website will include 'The Daily Drop' news alert, the 'Look Look' look-of-the-day poll, and 'This is my Jam' playlists.
Melanie Hick, former Huffington Post senior editor, as been appointed editor-in-chief, and former Dazed and Confused contributing editor William Oliver has been appointed editor.
Philip O’Ferrall, senior vice-president, Viacom International Media Networks, Digital, said: "MTV has always had a strong influence on style, fashion and trends. With this longstanding heritage, it makes sense for us to enter this space and launch a new conversation with a style-focused audience that celebrates the integral connection between music and fashion."
MTV recently signed up the perfume Emporio Armani Diamonds to be the headline partner of 'MTV Brand New For 2013', which is MTV UK's annual campaign to promote new music.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Media Manager (Planning) Save the Children £36,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Marketing Campaigns Officer Brand Recruitment £37000 per annum, Peterborough
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, West London
- Marketing Assistant Â– B2B Retail, £23k (Mat Cover) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity