Game prepares relaunch ad campaign
Game Group has unveiled a fresh marketing strategy based on value and 'honesty', following the merger of its Game and Gamestation high-street brands.
The retailer, which was saved from administration by investment firm OpCapita in April, is to drop the Game-station brand, and will position Game as a multichannel chain that offers customers market-leading value.
The changes will be flagged up initially through in-store activity and a direct marketing campaign. Game plans to launch above-the-line ads in November, to communicate its new tone of voice, based on ‘honesty, humility and humour’.
It will remind consumers that ‘the best bits’ of Game-station, such as the expertise of its staff, will be retained. In addition the retailer will launch a mobile site and its first app, which will be linked to its loyalty card.
According to Anna-Marie Mason, marketing director for Game, this strategy will help it better contend with online retailers in the gaming sector, competition she admits it was previously ‘intimidated’ by.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager - Gaming Brand PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Senior Broadcast Manager PFJ £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- New Business Director Dynamic New Alliances £0.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Digital Account Director Dot-Gap £38k, Central London
- Search Account Director Dot-Gap £43k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
Yahoo set to announce $1.1bn to buy Tumblr on Monday
AllThingsD is reporting that last week’s rumoured deal that would see Yahoo pay as much as $1bn buy Tumblr is set to become a reality and will be announced officially on Monday.