Google launches digital creative showcase
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:46AM
Google has collaborated with AKQA's US office to launch a platform to showcase digital "creative excellence".
Creative Sandbox is an open platform which aims to help agencies discover digital creative work and promote their own. Agencies can upload their work and explain the various technologies and insights used to create it.
It has been designed to be a crowd-sourced social experience and features Google's +1 plug-in, allowing visitors to the site to vote for their favourite work. It has also been optimised for mobile use.
Justin Joy, agency marketing manager at Google, wrote on the company’s official blog yesterday (17 September): "When digital advertising works, it can not only be informative, but emotional and dazzling.
"That's why we've created a space where everyone can see this great work, talk about it, and roll around in it like a big happy dog."
Current trending work on the Creative Sandbox is AlmapBBDO’s Volkswagen Innovation Channel, Uncle Grey's campaign for Only Jeans and AKQA Pencils of Promise campaign in the US.
In a similar bid to woo creative agencies, Facebook launched an equivalent proposition in May last year, for showcasing Facebook specific work. It has since expanded Studio to include an agency accreditation scheme.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham