Google launches digital creative showcase
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:46AM
Google has collaborated with AKQA's US office to launch a platform to showcase digital "creative excellence".
Creative Sandbox is an open platform which aims to help agencies discover digital creative work and promote their own. Agencies can upload their work and explain the various technologies and insights used to create it.
It has been designed to be a crowd-sourced social experience and features Google's +1 plug-in, allowing visitors to the site to vote for their favourite work. It has also been optimised for mobile use.
Justin Joy, agency marketing manager at Google, wrote on the company’s official blog yesterday (17 September): "When digital advertising works, it can not only be informative, but emotional and dazzling.
"That's why we've created a space where everyone can see this great work, talk about it, and roll around in it like a big happy dog."
Current trending work on the Creative Sandbox is AlmapBBDO’s Volkswagen Innovation Channel, Uncle Grey's campaign for Only Jeans and AKQA Pencils of Promise campaign in the US.
In a similar bid to woo creative agencies, Facebook launched an equivalent proposition in May last year, for showcasing Facebook specific work. It has since expanded Studio to include an agency accreditation scheme.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior SEO Executive - Technical Ultimate Asset Ã‚£24000 - Ã‚£27000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Sales - Entertainment Ultimate Asset Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- Owned Media Director - SEO Ultimate Asset Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Search - SEO Ultimate Asset Ã‚£55000 - Ã‚£65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, Reigate
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake