Google launches digital creative showcase
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:46AM
Google has collaborated with AKQA's US office to launch a platform to showcase digital "creative excellence".
Creative Sandbox is an open platform which aims to help agencies discover digital creative work and promote their own. Agencies can upload their work and explain the various technologies and insights used to create it.
It has been designed to be a crowd-sourced social experience and features Google's +1 plug-in, allowing visitors to the site to vote for their favourite work. It has also been optimised for mobile use.
Justin Joy, agency marketing manager at Google, wrote on the company’s official blog yesterday (17 September): "When digital advertising works, it can not only be informative, but emotional and dazzling.
"That's why we've created a space where everyone can see this great work, talk about it, and roll around in it like a big happy dog."
Current trending work on the Creative Sandbox is AlmapBBDO’s Volkswagen Innovation Channel, Uncle Grey's campaign for Only Jeans and AKQA Pencils of Promise campaign in the US.
In a similar bid to woo creative agencies, Facebook launched an equivalent proposition in May last year, for showcasing Facebook specific work. It has since expanded Studio to include an agency accreditation scheme.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough