Google launches digital creative showcase
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:46AM
Google has collaborated with AKQA's US office to launch a platform to showcase digital "creative excellence".
Creative Sandbox is an open platform which aims to help agencies discover digital creative work and promote their own. Agencies can upload their work and explain the various technologies and insights used to create it.
It has been designed to be a crowd-sourced social experience and features Google's +1 plug-in, allowing visitors to the site to vote for their favourite work. It has also been optimised for mobile use.
Justin Joy, agency marketing manager at Google, wrote on the company’s official blog yesterday (17 September): "When digital advertising works, it can not only be informative, but emotional and dazzling.
"That's why we've created a space where everyone can see this great work, talk about it, and roll around in it like a big happy dog."
Current trending work on the Creative Sandbox is AlmapBBDO’s Volkswagen Innovation Channel, Uncle Grey's campaign for Only Jeans and AKQA Pencils of Promise campaign in the US.
In a similar bid to woo creative agencies, Facebook launched an equivalent proposition in May last year, for showcasing Facebook specific work. It has since expanded Studio to include an agency accreditation scheme.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films